Thursday, November 10, 2016

Recent Paintings

Geology Center
Just finished this. The Geology Center at Cornell in Mount Vernon, Iowa.
14" x 11" oil on panel

Shari's Horses
Rough in starting with burnt sienna and ultramarine blue. The client wanted the painting to be exactly like a photo she supplied.
I did add a little more color than the gray day allowed. I also edited the exaggerated perspective. 
14" x 11" oil on panel


I managed to get out once for a quick plein air painting while the weather was nice.
10" x 8" oil on panel





2 comments:

  1. You're still the horse queen but I like the rough in version just as much - nothing to interfere with the horses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Commissions are about trying to please the client. I do change as much as I can get away with. Most of the time I will come and take pictures of the subject and figure out a composition from them. This client wanted it straight from her photo. Less work so OK.

      Delete