Saturday, May 6, 2017

This and That

Martin Pond in Shimek Forest. The green stuff I think is slime algae at least according to my internet search. Most of the sites are dedicated to getting rid of it. I kind of like painting it.

Another location in Shimek Forest, this one near Bitternut Lake. I brought my dog along for some exercise with the condition he stays close enough I can see him and if not, comes when I call him. I got halfway through this painting and he did not come when called. I packed up and when he finally came we went home. If he can't behave we are going home maybe next time he will listen to me, then maybe not.
11" x 14" oil on canvas

I stopped along the road to take the reference shot for this pastel. I then combined two photos. The problem with that is getting the scale correct. I had to brush off the cows on the left and redraw. 


1 comment:

  1. Love them all, but my favourite has to be the last one with the blossoms!!!

    ReplyDelete