Sunday, July 15, 2012

Hydrangea no 10

SOLD

The hydrangeas are still blooming with a little help from me watering them. I used one of my Ball jars for this painting. Growing up we had a garden and I learned canning from my aunt Adelaide. She also liked flowers so she would still like this use.
I have been trying to find a mdf or masonite board that is formadehyde free and moisture resistant. Currently I use Ampersand hardboard panel and cut to size on a table saw. I will then coat with Golden GCA100 then 2 coats of gessoe. Sometimes a final coat of Liquitex transparent gessoe with colored acrylic added which gives a nice grainy finish that works well for my style of painting.  During my internet search I found a product called Medite II  which is formadahyde free. Does anyone use this and where can you find it.?
6 x 8 Oil on Raymar panel.

3 comments:

  1. Carlene, hydrangeas have long been one of my favorite flowers. I think it's a childhood thing. My grandmother had a long, long hedge of hydrangeas that were soft blue. When they all bloomed they were stunning! I think the bell jar is perfect for these flowers. Brings back double the memories. You have painted this bouquet beautifully. Good shadows and lights. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hydrangeas and you paint them so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way glass reflects light onto the table. Wonderful. Backlit still lifes are fun!

    ReplyDelete