Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Wilson Lake Trail

This seemed like a good idea at the time, a spot of light on the trail. Not too long after I set up the mosquitoes started in and I stuck it out long enough to rush through. I ended up with 4 bites on my face alone. This reminds me of a friend who bragged about the nice pastel box her husband made for her to go plein air painting. When I mentioned going out that weekend she said it will be too hot for her. I don't know if she ever went out.
6" x 12" oil on panel  

This was not as bad. I guess standing in the sun has it's advantages.
12" x 6" oil on panel

2 comments:

  1. These are both nice, but I especially like the trail picture. There's something interesting about the slightly higher viewpoint - almost like you're 9feet tall or floating through the tunnel of foliage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Higher viewpoint, maybe because I was jumping up smacking mosquitoes.

      Delete