Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Rodger's Garden

This morning I went to the park to paint and I wiped that off the canvas, sometimes I have to admit failure. Oh well it was a nice day to get out. 

The local art center has a garden tour as a fund raiser. Since they are short on artists this year I painted this from a photo of  Rodger's garden and plan to display the finished painting. He had this bountiful garden with herbs and many decorative paints in a very small area in a trailer court, thus the container planting. It turned out better than my plein air painting which got wiped off. 

I forced myself to use thalo blue. I wished there were recipes for colors and I could just Google the color and up would pop an exact measurement and pictures of the finished product.
6 x 8 oil on canvas on masonite.

No comments:

Post a Comment