Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Two Pears

This is my entry for the latest Daily Paintworks challenge. To paint like someone whose work you admire. I started out painting like Dreama Tolle Perry than changed to Julie Ford Oliver. I ended up painting like me. I can usually identify an artist's work. Maybe it's like writers and singers they are the experts on themselves. I have heard imitators and they are usually close. I wonder if you can tell the difference between Cher and her many imitators. Can you identify the real Elvis? 

I once heard about an artist who had problems with people imitating her style. She had her lawyer send letters to these imitators. This artist had a style that was easily imitated. The artists I tried to imitate have more technical skills that are harder to copy. There is nothing like the real thing.

6 x 6 Oil on Raymar panel

1 comment:

  1. You must have done something I am familiar with because this caught my eye right away. It is a fun challenge and you are so versatile because this stands on its own with your imprint securely in place and just enough Dreama and julie to be in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete