Saturday, September 10, 2011

Smile

I once read a column in which the writer talked about his wife turning 50; he therorized that she could easily be a spy because no one noticed her nor would remember what she looked like. I normally share this gift of ananomity, and use it to get candid  pictures of people. The Tri-State Rodeo is in town this week; it draws large crowds and big time entertainment; there's also a great parade. I went to the parade by myself ( I was tired and grumpy.) I sat down with my camera, blended into the crowd,  and waited.  A red pickup came by with this famous rodeo clown; he looked right at me and said, "Smile it doesn't cost a thing". My first thought was "Is he talking to me?' Indeed he was; as he gave me a big thumbs up, I laughed, picked up my camera and shot this picture, The result is this painting of Leon Coffee doing what he does best, making you smile.
6x6 oil on Raymar panel. NFS

No comments:

Post a Comment