Sunday, January 13, 2013

Road to the Flats

It snowed this morning which prompted me to paint green grass and sunshine. This was one of the photos I always meant to paint but find a little intimidating. The challenge here was to give it a feeling of distance with grayed out colors. The foreground was in the shade which I had to paint with lots of blues. 
6 x 8 Oil on Raymar panel.
This is the underpainting. I think I should have used more brown in the foreground and blue in the distance. That may have made it easier.

To purchase Contact the Keokuk Art Center.


2 comments:

  1. The value shift works so well that the color is just an added bonus.
    Well done.
    Yesterday's cow were superb as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Carroll - its very successful and nicely painted with vigorous brushwork.

    ReplyDelete