Thursday, January 17, 2013

Easter Rabbit 2013

The rough in for this one was just fun. I worked on the white ground because I was after bright colors. When Easter comes around I get in the mood for painting white rabbits in fun colors. I am a little early but after stressing over getting 30 paintings in 30 days challenge I wanted an easy one. 
This really bad photo from the county fair is the reference. It will do as I am not after realistic just something close. I don't want to be chained to the subject on this one.

One of the models at a life drawing class wore a thong. Most of the students were fairly new, including me and painted it in. That was the first time I strayed from reality and I have been doing it ever since. Change anything you want you control the image take advantage of that.
8 x 6 Oil on Raymar panel.



1 comment: