I start with the face and often leave the rest for when I work at home. I was working on the shirt when I noticed that the orange looked out of place. I had to add a little bit of the shirt color into the face. That is what happens when I add a color that was not originally on my palette.
I gave a demo for the Lion's Club's monthly meeting. The volunteer started out looking straight ahead but with all that was going on changed positions, looking to the side. I just worked with what I had and wiped the image off when I got home. This image is from the photo that I took. I sometimes wonder if that is how Picasso's Dora Maar Au Chat started out and he just said the heck with it I will work with what I have.
I am trying to play catch up on the volunteers. The original plan was to paint one a week, but I got behind. Now I am painting 3 this week. I also painted his wife and that makes 3 couples in the project. Volunteerism seems to be a good activity to do together.
I try to make these every year to give as gifts. I only managed to get 5 successful paintings. They are watercolor and ink on mat board, then sprayed with a fixative. The beads are strung on a needle then dipped into acrylic gloss medium. Then carefully pulled the needle out(that explains the crooked bead lines). Finally a layer of gloss medium over the image and bead, Sign on the back and attach clasp.
This was in a previous post as a study. I had stopped on my way to another plein air painting location. This stream is close to a bridge which I could set up under to paint this plein air. I just need to buy rain boots. They now come in lots of fun colors and styles, not like when I was growing up on the farm and all you had were army green rubber boots.