Thursday, January 31, 2013

One Off the Vine

This is the final painting for the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge. I just figured out that I did not post correctly and on Leslie's blog I am one day behind. This is typical of me I don't read the directions just look at all the pretty pictures. 

We are asked to post what we learned from this experience, I found that information from Carroll Mickalek when we were hanging for our upcoming show in Keokuk, (self promotion). 

I have been blogging and posting for a couple of years and actually started out doing one a day. That is until I figured out that you don't have to post every day, which is good because I would sometimes post embarrassingly bad paintings. This time I had three paintings that needed work that I did not post. They were my just in case paintings.

I got more experimental this time. I did not want to do the same thing I have been doing and painted the Bunny painting from my imagination.

I quit before I could ruin a painting because I just didn't have the time. When I looked at it the next day it looked fresh and not my usual overworked paintings.

I had a great time checking out the other paintings. They were inspiring. I even tried one palette knife painting. 

This challenge was great for my upcoming show with Carroll Michalek. More self promotion.

Sometimes I feel like I am bothering friends and family with showing my artwork. Some of them I probably am so they can just ignore my facebook posts. The rest hopefully will enjoy them. I need to be more active with promoting my work.

This one is actually an 8 x 8 painting so by the end of the challenge I had worked up to a larger size. Yah!


More about my upcoming show with Carroll:

We have both been painting for Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge. While we don't each have 30 paintings in the show we managed to fill up their large gallery.

At the opening on Friday, February 4th we plan to have a slide show of all 60 of our combined paintings on a large photo frame.

In addition we would like everyone to be able to take a look at our blogs. We plan to have 2 iPads going so they can see what we did in January 2013.

To purchase this painting go to Daily Paintworks.





4 comments:

  1. Most photographers put the narrow strip of interest along the bottom. I've never seen it at the top, and I LIKE it! VERY NICE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your composition and use of color in this painting. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this painting - I am late in looking at the last few days posts the 30/30 challenge!

    ReplyDelete