Wednesday, September 20, 2017

And the Winner is...

Paintings from today on the bank of the Skunk river. This probably would be underwater if we had regular rain. The access is seldom used and they chained off the camping area now. It has been a nice place to let the dogs off the leash to run and play in the water. I hope chaining off the camping area is not a sign of things to come. I encourage people to use our public recreation areas.
10" x 8" oil on panel


The winner of the Color Match contest is John Preston. John got 6 out of 8 which in my contest close wins. Looking at the paintings myself I noticed that 5 and 6 probably can be interchanged..so John wins. Also no other takers. The 5 and 6 paintings makes me wonder if a lot of my paintings would have almost the same colors. I don't have a set palette, although I often keep burnt sienna and ultramarine on my palette. I have played with replacing them with Burnt Umber and Prussian.
 The answers are:






On my palette for 7 I added pthalo green because mixed with Ultramarine it makes a nice teal.

I added Cerulean Blue to my palette for the sky with a bit of Ultramarine for the top area.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment