Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Horses at Shimek3

This is an acrylic painting. Today is one of those days that I did not want to mess with the solvents involved with oil and do not have a long uninterrupted time to work. To dilute the acrylic I use the medium made for thinning acrylics for spray painting.  I have a rough in of this in oil that I wanted to work on but did not have the time.

Sometimes trying to go in there and paint is hard. I know from past experience that it is only temporary. I  really don't have time to whine and be lazy. 

Changing mediums is one of the ways I cope. Different surfaces is another; Yupo paper was fun for a while. The first time I heard of it was an article in Artist magazine and at that time it was called Kimdura and it was much cheaper. Changing styles is another, even painting abstract.

My husband the framemaker seems to be in a slump now too. He just takes a break from it. His stems from his favorite wood shop shutting down. I need to find a great place to buy really cool boards and he will be reinspired.
6 x 8 acrylic on canvas panel

No comments:

Post a Comment