Sunday, April 17, 2016

Geode Stream

Got out a little today. I did not really want to put in the tree on the left, mainly because I had to make that bare tree stand out against the distant tree line but, I felt that the composition needed it 
This is one of the streams that feed into Lake Geode. One winter, years ago my sister and I went ice skating on this stream and onto the lake. Several of the ice fishermen warned us about thin ice. We figured if they were on it we could be too. I often read on Facebook remarks about the dangerous things we did as kids that didn't kill us. 
12" x 9" oil on Raymar panel

2 comments:

  1. Nice job on the distant trees. Your colour choices really help give the feel of distance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good call to place the tree in. It makes the back trees really have distance. And as Jessica mentioned you painted the back trees beautifully with your color choices.
    I love the way you paint...never static!

    ReplyDelete