Sunday, November 1, 2015

Fishing in a Blue Boat

We went out plein air painting at Wilson lake. Although the trees lost there color early or did not have much this year I found this blue in blue fisherman. Painting as fast as I could I managed to get him done before he moved on. Then I worked on the landscape behind him with a tip from Jessica to paint the tree holes a darker shade of blue than the more open sky above. The sun was shining at me but that is what made the great light on the fisherman.
6" x 8" oil on canvas

3 comments:

  1. Really like the rim lighting on the fisherman. The back-lighting comes across nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That part turned out like I planned. Landscape this time of year is a bit more challenging.

      Delete
  2. I love how you kept all the background in soft edges and your focal point with sharper ones. Really nice work Carlene!

    ReplyDelete