Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Sunset View from Rodeo Park

We went plein air painting at sunset. I did not like the results when I used the headlight a couple of nights ago. The light would focus on one section and I needed to see the colors/values relative to each other. Still looking for a better option. This was painted using the natural light remaining shortly after the sun set. At least it started there and by the time I was finished I could see the values but not so much the actual colors. I was surprised to see this. 
8" x 8" oil on Raymar panel
I worked on this the next morning. I wanted the far distance trees and buildings to recede.


1 comment:

  1. I admire your talent and resolve to do this painting plein air!! So far I have always taken photos of sunsets and painted them at home, now there is my next challenge. : )

    ReplyDelete