Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Wildflower Field

Wilson Lake is a favorite place to paint because of the beautiful waterscapes. I had that intention but this time of year the wildflowers are out and this scene was too good to resist. The next painting should be studies of the various varieties of wildflowers. I know Queen Anne's lace but that is about it. I might add that I started this on a slightly wet ground which I ended up fighting to get the values and colors I wanted. I have prepared several canvases with different grounds ready for the next time.
9" x 12" oil on canvas

3 comments:

  1. Naming wildflowers is not my strong suit either, but boy you sure can paint them! Beautiful spot - beautiful painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this foreground.. Beautiful You really captured the beauty of the wildflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a new favourite, this is simply divine!!!

    ReplyDelete