Sunday, June 28, 2015

Sparkler

This is the final because I was told I had to have red in this to enter the Red, White and Blue exhibit. I originally assumed that meant a patriotic theme for the 4th of July.  I also changed the face a little so she would look happy, darkened the background some and made up the red star headband.


I had to wipe the face three maybe it was four times on this one. The reference shot was grainy and trying to get this to look like someone around 13 was hard. The local art center has an upcoming exhibit for July titled, Red, White and Blue. I really don't have any flag paintings or even reference shots. This was good practice taking on something out of my skill set. The deadline for turning in artwork is Wednesday and I am hoping to come up with another painting.
12" x 9" oil on Raymar panel

3 comments:

  1. Your patience paid off. Great painting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your painting looks wonderful, no sign of struggle at all!! How about cherries on a blue and white dish?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Chris and Azra for the comments. Azra, that sound like a good idea.

    ReplyDelete