Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Morning at Rodeo Park

    

This morning was cloudy with great plein air painting possibilities. The clouds change faster than I could keep up so I took a few photos before I started painting. After I blocked in the clouds, I concentrated on creating depth with the blue trees in the background. A warm red and Pthlao were mixed to create the muted purples in the clouds.
12" x 6" oil on canvas on panel

This was the first try as I attempted to capture one cloud that had light on the top and changes color to purple. The cloud changed before I could fill it out. I then wiped this off and painted the above scene.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carlene, I've missed going on your blog recently, I love the scene with the clouds, you've captured the movement so beautifully !!

    ReplyDelete