Monday, November 4, 2013

Rodeo Park Fall Walker

I was plein air painting in Rodeo Park Saturday when this man came walking by on the trail. He graciously consented to let me take his picture on the bench. He may not recognized himself and I changed the color of his hat. The bench really needed something and putting people in paintings give them scale and personality.
6" x 12" oil on canvas panel.
I painted the above on preprimed canvas that I then glue to masonite panels. This give me the option to crop the image. I dropped this into Photoshop to see what it would look like as a 6 x 6.

This is the other half as a 6 x 6. I think I might like them as cropped images. I may revisit that in a week.
6 x 6 oil on canvas.


1 comment:

  1. You took the thought right out of my head! I was just thinking I had to add life to my landscapes and you did it and a lovely painting came to life with added interest. So what takes us so long to have these brilliant ideas?

    ReplyDelete