Sunday, September 4, 2011

Three Big Pigs

SOLD
This is my entry for the latest Daily Paintworks Challenge which is to paint a pig. It could be a cartoon, toy or ceramic pig. That would be the best ideas, because pigs are not that photogenic. They don't look at you unless they think you have food. They don't have that cute face like a calf or fluffy fur and who likes looking straight into a nostril. Years ago I wanted to enter a local contest, Pigcasso art contest, which required a picture of a pig in some form or shape. I took many pictures of these uncooperative animals. None of the pictures had a ready made composition and I never did enter the competition. So when the challenge came up I decided to suck it up and try. This is a composite of three different pictures, and a made up background.
6x6 Oil on Raymar panel.

No comments:

Post a Comment